BCS offers a Junior Kindergarten program for children ages 3-5 who are 4 years old by December 31st of the year they are enter the program.
The program operates three-hour classes, twice a week. BCS’s Junior Kindergarten is committed to providing high-quality, God-centred activities. Christian principles are infused throughout the hands-on learning experiences in a safe, caring, and nurturing environment. Our goal is to maximize each child’s potential and guide children to grow in their knowledge, skills, and abilities while offering them an educational foundation that will provide Kindergarten readiness. BCS is dedicated to partnering with parents, and privileged to assist in training and discipling children.
Our Senior Kindergarten program provides quality education for children ages 4-5 who are 5 years old by December 31st of the year they enter the program.
The program offers part-time, full-day programming: A Monday/Wednesday program or a Tuesday/Thursday program, both with scheduled Friday classes throughout the year.
Discipleship-based education is a focus at BCS, and we seek to build a genuine and authentic love for God in our students. Through a caring and nurturing environment, our teachers take the time to speak into the lives of the students they teach.
- Bearspaw Christian School’s Senior Kindergarten program believes that each child is a unique gift from God. Our teachers provide a secure, and stimulating environment in which to maximize each child’s potential – emotionally, intellectually, physically, spiritually, creatively and socially.
- This program guides children to grow in their knowledge, skills, and abilities while offering them a strong educational foundation that will provide readiness for Grade 1.
- Literacy: Academic strategies include using Phono Graphix to grow young readers. The program builds skills that enable approximately 85% of our students to be reading by the end of their Kindergarten year.
- Numeracy: Students also develop early math skills by focusing on number sense and beginning addition and subtraction.
- BCS is dedicated to partnering with parents. We are privileged to assist in equipping children for today and eternity, as we disciple them in building godly relationships and through infusing biblical, Christ-centred principles into our curriculum.
Meet BCS Kindergarten Teachers
BCS Parent Resources
Visit the BCS Parent Portal to find all the information parents need in one place, including: busing, uniforms, school supplies, calendars, newsletters, events, and more.