Our Annual Giving Plan allows us to make ongoing improvements to our school which increases our educational and discipleship needs of students and equips our teachers with the necessary tools to facilitate our mission, values and vision.
Through tuition, business income and Government grants, Bearspaw Christian School (BCS) strives to:
- Maintain affordability for and accessibility to all qualified students
- Provide high quality discipleship-based education
Mindful of the other funding, tuition is intentionally set to meet only BCS’s basic operational requirements. BCS requests donations from its families and friends to meet other needs. This intentional strategy is designed to achieve the two objectives and employed for these reasons:
- Donations allow the financially blessed to voluntarily give back to God and those otherwise blessed to give according to their means.
- Donations provide donors with an economic benefit not available from tuition payments. Donors receive a 50% tax refund on every donated dollar, not so for tuition payments.
To improve our fundraising approach, we have an Annual Giving Plan (AGP) that will:
- Clearly identify the needs we are raising money for and the needed dollar amount
- Clearly indicate how each need supports our Mission
- Reduce the number of appeals and fundraisers
In addition, we have a Calendar that will let you know:
- What fundraising methods, events and appeals will be employed to raise the needed funds
- When the fundraising methods and events will be scheduled
- The need that each fundraising event and method will fund
Further, we have adopted the following fundraising Standards of Excellence:
- We will not deviate from the AGP by sending additional fundraising appeals.
- We will provide an update on the funds raised and how they were used to impact your child.
- Each classroom may conduct one missional fundraiser. Fundraising messages will only go to the parents of that particular class.
BCS Country Carnival
Come and join your fellow BCS families and friends with a fun day of games, shopping and food. We will have something for everyone. Carnival games, chilli cook off competition, a market place for shopping from our own BCS family businesses, old time country fair games and so much more. Get your tickets, register for the cook off or market place, volunteer or sign up your team for the some country fair games. You will not want to miss this great time getting to meet new people or just hanging with old friends. We hope to see you there!
The Winter Wonderland Fundraiser Gala is, an adult only, elegant evening out. It's starts off with a Reception and Silent Auction, followed by a served dinner and more entertainment. After the performance we will have a live auction with entertaining auctioneers and items such as vacation properties, Banff get always, and behind the scene with Calgary TAC team where you will get to see and use many of their pieces of equipment. You won’t want to miss this once a year event!