Guest/Substitute Teacher Applications
If you are interested in becoming a guest/substitute teacher, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Cover Letter – Clearly identify that you are interested in guest/substitute teaching opportunities. Explain your interest in Bearspaw Christian School, and how you will help us achieve our important mission.
Resume & References – Please provide a detailed resume or curriculum vitae, showing all education and relevant certifications.
- Please note your resume must also include – A) List of References that can be contacted B) Scanned Copy of Teaching Certificate.
Statement of Faith – In 500 words or less, tell us about your relationship with Jesus. Tell us what difference He is making in your life today, and how that is encouraging you to serve others.
Applicants that are contacted about possible opportunities will be invited to a phone interview.
Successful applicants will be asked to come into the school to provide the following documents:
- Original Police Information Check
- Alberta Health Care Card
- Driver’s License
- Social Insurance Card
- Direct Deposit Information – i.e. Bank Information or VOID Cheque
When you come in, we will provide a package of information for you to complete at the office. It should take 15-20 minutes to complete:
- Youth Intervention Check
- Staff Emergency Contact Form
- TD1 Forms
- Policies (Vision & Mission, Statement of Faith, Staff Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Agreement etc.)
Once we receive the approved Youth Intervention Check and all the documents listed above, you will receive a Letter of Offer and will be added to our guest/substitute teacher roster. Guest teachers will be contacted by teacher as needed.