Bearspaw Christian School is proud to be a top choice for Christian families in the Calgary area. Established in 1998, BCS was the culmination of great vision, faith, prayer and unity of purpose by a group of men and women with a passion for Christian education. We have a rich history with many years of experience developing personal academic excellence and Christ-like character in our students.
BCS is a vibrant school community with over 700 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. We are set apart by our desire to encourage students to grow in their relationship with Jesus through discipleship-based education. We partner with families to nurture students that will one day transform our world for Christ.
BCS is accredited by Alberta Education and is affiliated with the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), the Association of Independent Schools and Colleges in Alberta (AISCA), and the Independent Schools’ Athletic Association (ISAA).
Teaching minds… Reaching hearts… Transforming our world
Joining with the family to realize personal academic excellence and Christ-like character in each student
Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is one God, who is infinitely perfect and eternally existent in three equal persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible to be the inerrant, inspired and only authoritative, written Word of God and that the Bible is fully trustworthy as our final and sufficient authority for all of life.
- We believe God is the creator of heaven and earth, and upholds and directs all things according to His will and by His power.
- We believe in the full deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His pre-existence, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, sent to indwell, guide, teach and empower the believer; and to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment.
- We believe that the church is the body of born-again believers in fellowship with Christ and with fellow believers.
- We believe in the resurrection of all people, the saints to everlasting joy, and the lost to judgment and eternal separation from God.
Why Choose BCS
We challenge and nurture students spiritually, academically, socially and physically through holistic education, authentic community and discipleship to become Jesus-followers who impact their world for Christ.