Message From the Principal
BCS @Home is an extension of the Bearspaw Christian School community which allows for flexibility in time and space. BCS @Home aims to fulfill the school’s mission of “Joining with the Family to Realize Personal Academic Excellence and Christ-like Character in Each Student.” We do this by providing both the support and the flexibility your family needs given your unique circumstances and desires.
Parents have been given the privilege of being stewards of their children’s lives for a very short time, but we believe the teaching and training they provide is eternal! Colossians 1:28 says, “He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ.” BCS @Home can support your family as you pursue excellence in mind, heart, body and soul for the glory of the Lord!
Principal, BCS @Home
BCS @Home Mission Statement
BCS @Home is an extension of the BCS Community which allows for flexibility in time and space and integrates Christian discipleship with learning.
Joining with the Family to realize academic excellence by:
- Recognizing the central role of parents in the education of their children
- Providing flexibility in space and time for learning to occur while also connecting families with a physical school community that prioritizes discipleship infused education
- Assistance in development of an education program plan to meet the academic needs of your child. This includes support in helping families choose print and/or digital resources and curriculum
- Support from BCS @Home teachers who have experience with home education and who are informed about the special characteristics of tutorial learning.
- Ability to provide diagnostic and achievement testing including the provincial achievement tests and student learning assessments.
- Opportunity to attend field trips, camps, socials and other school events
- Opportunity to take part in learning modules and classes designed for homeschooling students
- Opportunity to participate in all extracurricular activities including school clubs, athletics and after school programming
Joining with the family to realize Christ-like character development by:
- Partnering with local churches to come alongside parents who are the primary spiritual caregivers – BCS @Home seeks to help “widen the circle” to provide discipleship infused education
- Connecting with a physical school community that is committed to pursuing Christ-like excellence in everything!
- Opportunities to attend weekly chapels, small groups, discipleship events and participate on worship teams
- Local service opportunities available as well as family oriented short term educational mission trips