BCS’s Elementary School offers a strong educational program that invests in students. We teach using the Alberta Education curriculum while incorporating a Biblical perspective. In the overall ranking of Alberta schools, Bearspaw Christian Elementary consistently performs at a high-level.
Believing that each child is uniquely created and gifted by God, our teachers provide a safe and caring environment in which to maximize each child’s potential. They build a personal relationship with each child, helping them learn about the world around them while building a strong foundation of core learning competencies. This discipleship-based education instills a passion for Jesus and a desire to know Him and the world He created. Our teachers take time to mentor their students and assist them in growing Christ-like character.
- BCS supports students in finding their God-given talents. They have the opportunity to explore their interests in a variety of ways, from arts to athletics to leadership.
- Regular chapels allow our students to lead worship and for all students to participate.
- All students in Grades 1-4 participate in our annual Christmas Concert.
- Our physical education program and intramurals allow students to build their confidence and teach fundamental skills in sport and fitness that inspire life long activity. Instructors instill the importance of Christ-like character while encouraging the pursuit of fun and excellence in sport.
- Student Council allows students from Grades 1-6 to develop leadership skills while being involved in organizing school-wide activities.
Service is an important part of who we are and each grade takes on a service project to help grow understanding, empathy, and charity in our students. These service projects support the community – locally, nationally, and internationally.
BCS offers a reliable and safe busing service to our student population. Families benefit from the convenience of this transportation solution.
Visit the BCS Parent Portal to find all the information parents need in one place including: uniforms, school supplies, calendars, newsletters and more.
Students enjoy a rich school culture that provides stimulating activities and fun-filled events throughout the year. Students participate in sports, musical events, the arts and theme dress-up days regularly. Special events such as the annual BCS’ Got Talent show, the Cultural Fair, the Science Fair and the Christmas Concert are highlights of students’ experience at BCS.
Choosing the right school for your child can be one of the biggest decisions you will make. Our Admissions Team is here to assist you in making an informed decision and to give you a glimpse of why we think BCS is the place to be!